Until It All Makes Sense EP
Illect Recording artist James Gardin has used his multifaceted skill set of empowering rhymes, fun melodies, energetic stage presence, and deft fashion sense to become the most successful emcee in his hometown of Lansing, Michigan. He has performed hundreds of shows around the world, amassed thousands of plays and downloads with coverage on top web sites and publications (HipHopDX, Earmilk, 2DopeBoyz, DJBooth, Paste, The Word Is Bond, Rapzilla, Lansing State Journal, Grungecake, Respect Mag, Sphere of Hip-Hop, and many more). He has also had songs featured on ESPN, GaryVee TV, and Black&SexyTV. He has also shared the booth and the stage with artists such as Grieves, Macklemore, Dessa, Murs, Talib Kweli, Astronautalis, KING, and many more. James aims to use his art and message to inspire all those around him to live their life fully, and encounter their purpose daily.
- Iconic single chosen as theme song for Tommy Hilfiger‘s TommyNow Icons show around the world (Shanghai, Tokyo). Over 8 million impressions.
- Iconic featured on NBA on ESPN.
- Complaining selected as theme song for ESPN First Take for month of December 2017.
- Promise Land premiered on Hot97 (New York, NY).
- Promise Land featured on Gary Vaynerchuk’s DailyVee episode 263.
- Music featured on Black & Sexy TV, PBS Backstage, & more.
- USA Today & Storytellers Project feature (May 2018).
- Featured on top websites including: HipHopDX, Earmilk, 2DopeBoyz, DJBooth, Paste, The Word Is Bond, Rapzilla, Lansing State Journal, Grungecake, Respect Mag, Sphere of Hip-Hop, and many more.
- Music festivals: SXSW, Common Ground, Bled Fest, BlessFest, Flavor Fest, Powershift Conference, Spartan Remix, and more.
- Shared stage with: Macklemore, Logic, Tyga, Talib Kweli, Oddisee, Peanutbutter Wolf, Ludacris, Dessa, Grieves, Murs, Chris Orrick (fka Red Pill), Nappy Roots, Dee-1, MGK, Ozay Moore, Sareem Poems, Binary Star, Bus Driver, Open Mike Eagle, Apollo Brown, Finale, and more.
Booking and Questions:
Press // Radio // Licensing: